- It doesn’t cost anything to immediately and continuously recognize throughout the day, and it leads to big benefits, so challenge yourself!
- Accept the 1+1+1 challenge and build a habit of:
- Saying “thank you” once a day
- Posting an eCard once a week
- Sharing a recognition story in a meeting once a month or (if applicable) giving a reward once a month
- To support this goal, consider setting aside ten minutes a week to think about the good work being done by those around you. This is especially important for managers. As teams see managers recognizing others, it acts as a natural reminder for everyone to participate. Manager-led recognition can then guide the culture until recognition becomes more natural for anyone, anywhere, anytime.
See also: Recognize often to create a culture of recognition