Tiles are the building blocks of a SmartHub®. With easy drag-and-drop functionality, they are a simple way to build a SmartHub® that perfectly suits an organization's needs and preferences. At Reward Gateway, we always think about how we can improve employee engagement and we've made sure that each tile type has a specific purpose and has been designed with the user experience in mind.
When selecting which tile type to add to their SmartHub® from the SmartHub® Builder, clients can choose different sizes for the tile to allow their content to be given varying levels of prominence.
For example, a new benefit announcement or some important company news may be shared on the SmartHub®homepage using a larger tile than, say, a link to pensions information which is a more constant piece of information.
The tile sizes available differs depending on the tile type, but generally speaking there are 5 possible shapes/sizes.
All tiles can be added to the SmartHub® page by clicking on the tiles and dragging them to the right.
The tiles are editable by hovering on the tile and clicking on the edit button.
Let's have a quick look at each of the tile types available in SmartHub®:
Simple & Mixed Content tiles
These are the core building blocks of any SmartHub® and provide clear, engaging ways of sharing information with employees.
These tile types consist of:
- Image & Text
- Icon & Text
- Video & Text
- Background Image
Social & News tiles
Clients can share their latest SmartHub® Blogs posts with employees automatically and directly on their SmartHub®platform, so employees will see this whenever they access their program.
Social media feeds for any public Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram accounts can also be displayed on SmartHub®. This is a great way for employees to keep abreast of the company's main customer-facing social conversations, or the latest internal social media group interactions.
Read more about Social media integration and SmartHub®
To make a SmartHub® really sing, check out these Special tiles within SmartHub® Builder:
- Quick links - ideal for displaying different links with a common topic (e.g. benefits, HR policies), all in one place.
- My Savings - this shows an employee a quick snapshot of how much they've saved through their employee discounts platform to date. Great for creating good feeling every time they access their SmartHub® landing page!
- Birthdays - this tile will show the birthdays of registered users, up to a week in advance. Many employees love seeing their name in lights and this offers an opportunity for the employer to create a human and social aspect to their employee comms.
- eCards Leaderboard - shows statistics for eCard usage, which is a great incentive for employees to send more!
Also read Using Special tiles in SmartHub® Builder
This section of the Builder is where clients can create Polls to send to their staff to collect quick feedback in a simple format.
- Different poll questions can be shown to different user groups.
- Answer options are fully customizable and are always multiple choice format (one answer per user).
- The poll can be published straight away, or scheduled for a later date.
- Poll results (total responses and % of answers for each option) are stored in Reward Manager.