From 10th January 2018, Reward Gateway will only formally support the following browsers:
- We will support Internet Explorer (IE) 11 and Edge per Microsoft's lifecycle policy.
- We will support Chrome and Safari on all platforms and Firefox on desktop platforms.
- We will support the Android native browser on Android 4.4 and later.
- We will require browsers to support TLS 1.2.
- We will continue to respond to bug reports but will not proactively test other mobile browsers.
Why we're making this change
Internet Explorer versions 8, 9 and 10 were released in 2009, 2011 and 2012 respectively, making the oldest one 8 years old and the newest of them 5 years old and on 12th January 2016 Microsoft ended their support for all but the latest version of Internet Explorer.
This means that Internet Explorer 11 is the only browser they support with security updates to deal with any new threats found on the internet.
What it means for end users
Initially, there will not be any noticeable change to how users experience our website.
In the long run, however, the website or parts of it could become difficult or impossible to use. This will vary depending on which versions of IE is used – IE10 is much more capable than IE8. Examples of non-working/broken elements could range from misplaced objects to entirely unusable UI elements and products.
It is not possible to define with certainty when and what will no longer work appropriately to provide a good user experience.
How we'll be communicating it to end users
We will be displaying a notification to these users when we detect that they are using a browser that is not supported. This notification will tell them that they will experience difficulties after the above date and suggest a relevant upgrade to avoid this.