This article will explain how to update the Identity Provider Login URL (a.k.a. User Access URL on Azure) on your Azure SSO integration in the RG admin portal.
(For the full Azure SSO setup guide, please click here.)
Reward Gateway has been made aware by Microsoft of an upcoming change to the Microsoft Azure platform and URL formats. This change will mean URLs of the format myapps.microsoft.com need to be replaced with launcher.myapps.microsoft.com. This means app launch requests will go to a new domain: launcher.myapps.microsoft.com.
The change by Microsoft will take effect from 1st July 2023.
To read the full Microsoft announcement click here.
What do you need to do?
Please, watch the instructional video or follow the steps below.
If you use Microsoft Azure for single sign-on you will need to:
- Log into your Reward Gateway platform, navigate to ‘My Account’ and select ‘Reward Manager’
- From the left navigation menu select ‘Integrations’ followed by ‘My Integrations’
- Locate your Microsoft Azure single sign-on connection and click ‘Tools’ selecting ‘Configure from the pop-up options.
- At the bottom of the ‘Initial Setup’ tab update the ‘Identity Provider Login URL’ with your new User Access URL from the Microsoft Azure application console.
To get the User Access URL on Azure, go to Enterprise applications > Reward Gateway > Properties:
- ‘Save’ the change and proceed through the mapping step to the ‘Testing’ step. Use the ‘Start Test’ button and initiate a single sign-on.
- Once you have completed the test click ‘Next’ followed by ‘Complete’
- Navigate back to ‘My Integrations’ and locate your Microsoft Azure single sign-on connection again. Select ‘Tools’ followed by ‘Publish’ to enable your integration for use.
What if you do not make this change?
If you do not make the change to your Azure configuration in Reward Manager, Reward Gateway will automatically change the URL format on 1st July 2023.
However, depending on your Azure configuration, this may not be effective and could result in users not being able to access the platform.