What to think about when setting up Dynamic TRS
Here are some guideline, tips and step-by-step instructions to help clients organize, group and present all various benefits in the most optimal and meaningful way for the employee.
- Categorization: Think of the full benefits package and consider categorizing the benefits into different sections - e.g. Salary and bonuses, Salary Sacrifice benefits , etc
- Non- monetary benefits: Don't miss out any non-monetary benefits that are often overlooked e.g. "Bring your pet to work policy", "Volunteering days", "Stop smoking assistance programme" etc
- Segmentation: Consider any differences to the benefits different groups of employees have access to - e.g For the option for employees to trade annual leave, are there any divisions or departments where this is not an available option?
- External benefits: Think of any benefits run outside of RG and if any data needs to be collected from the respective provider.
- Data provision: Consider if there's any additional data that needs to be collected and provided to RG - e.g. Overtime payments to employees- this could be added to the details provided via membership upload or separately uploaded to TRS directly. In any case our Implementation and Support teams will be able to provide guidance on the data provision options, format and next steps.
- Focus on what's most valuable for employees: It's easy to get distracted when thinking of tens of benefits so don't forget to focus on what's of biggest value and interest to your employees and make sure there is enough information and details provided on these points.
TRS is completely self-service for clients so in case they want to update something they can directly do it in the Admin panel without having to wait for someone to action their request.
There are three tabs on top navigation menu in TRS to help clients manage the different TRS areas. In the general setup section, they can manage the main product configurations:
- Rename the product: Clients can adjust the default product name (Choose a more tailored name such as: "Your Total Reward Statement", or anything that would fit best with the company tone.)
- Tailor the intro description: Clients can also fully tailor the description to reflect the personal message to their people. Together with the product name, these two will be the first thing employees will see on TRS.
- Segment the product: Clients can make TRS available just for a segmented group of employees. TRS will only be visible for the people that fall in the segment chosen from the dropdown.
- Activate the product: Using the toggle clients can easily set the product to live once it's fully set up. Note that it will be switched off by default.
This is where clients control all benefits and TRS content. There are four pre-defined sections that we have identified as most common and will be available by default:
- Main salary and bonuses: This section covers basic reference pay, bonuses, additional allowances, overtime payments, or any other payments provided to employees
- Salary sacrifice and payroll benefits: As the name suggests we'll pull through all salary sacrifice or payroll benefits you have with RG via SmartPay and they will be populated automatically. What's more, any due tax savings for the active applications each employee has. will be automatically calculated.
- Discounts and savings: Cashback savings the employee has incurred in the past 12 months will be automatically pulled through and populated from the system.
- Reward & Recognition: We will sum up and display all awards the employee has received in the past 12 months.
The titles are customized and if some of the sections are not applicable, they can be hidden.
How to create a Section
How to add and edit Benefits
- Click on 'Add new section tile'
- Enter a name and short description for the section and click on 'Done'
- Add all benefits for this section by clicking on 'Add a new benefit'
- Enter benefit name and description
- Choose between 'None', 'Dynamic', 'Fixed' data types
- 'None' - in case there's no value assigned to this benefit
- 'Dynamic' - in case each employee has an individual value associated with the benefit. If you choose 'Dynamic', you'll need to select a data field to link the values with.
- 'Fixed' - in case there's a single value applicable to all employees - e.g. '5 days' available for volunteering. If you select this option, then you can enter a default value.
- Choose if the product needs to be visible just to a segment of people of all employees
- Save the new section
Please sign in to leave a comment.