Before you start, you will need...
The option to set up a SFTP integration that includes InstantAwards™ will be available at the Initial Setup stage of a new integration, as per the screenshot below. The steps to reach this are introduced in the guide to SFTP for Provisioning.
The option to select in the Configuration Type dropdown menu is the one called InstantAwards Pots Update.
Mapping the required columns
The columns relevant to InstantAwards™ need to be added to the same data file that will manage employee eligibility and (e.g. payroll benefits, line management, nomination approvals, etc.). This article will only cover the columns that must be added in order to manage InstantAwards™ pots.
The three extra columns needed to manage InstantAwards™ pots are:
- Pot Owner?
- This column will identify the users who will be given access to InstantAwards™ pots.
- Mark Y in this column for every employee who should be a pot owner at the time of uploading the file
- Mark N in this column for every employee who should not be a pot owner at the time of uploading the file (even if they were a pot owner before)
- The remaining two columns can be blank for users who are not marked as pot owners
- Details of how the system will add and remove pot owners will be available later in this article.
- InstantAwards Programme ID
- If a user is marked as a pot owner, the pot they will be assigned to will belong to a specific InstantAwards™ program. The funds added to the user's pot will be taken from this program's budget (this is a separate process, as explained later in this article).
- Every InstantAwards™ program has a unique ID in the system. Contact your Client Success Manager for details of the ID or IDs of the program or programs you want to manage pots for.
- This is the name of the InstantAwards™ pot the user will be assigned to. It can be an existing pot, or a new one that the file upload will create from scratch.
- It must belong to the program specified in the previous column.
- Because the employee eligibility data file only accepts one row per employee, each SFTP file upload will allow to assign each user to one pot at a time. Details of how to add a user to multiple pots will be available later in this article.
Here is an example of what an employee data file may look like, for a user who is a pot owner (first row), and one who is not (second row). This is only designed to show the InstantAwards™ pot management columns; other required fields will vary based on each client's configuration.
These columns can be mapped to the fields required by the system, at the Mapping stage of the setup. The steps to reach this are introduced in the guide to SFTP for Provisioning.
Completing the setup
Once a sample file is available to test with, testing the integration and completing the setup will follow the standard steps detailed in the guide to SFTP for Provisioning.
What to expect from the InstantAwards™ SFTP integration
When a file that includes InstantAwards™ columns is uploaded via SFTP, the system checks if each user needs to be a pot owner, based on the Pot Owner? column.