Switching to a new Cycle to Work or any payroll benefits provider can be frustrating, especially in terms of handling any ongoing applications. To make it simpler, we've added a tool to allow our clients to upload any ongoing applications so that employees are prevented from applying until their active order is fully repaid and the correct National Minimum Wage calculations have been made.
How can clients access the tool and who can access it?
SmartPay Master Administrators can access the upload by navigating to SmartPay> Advanced Management> Look for your scheme> Migrate orders tab
What does the tool do?
Clients can upload a list of active orders. This does two things for the employees uploaded:
- It prevents them from applying for the same benefit (the benefit window will be closed for them until the order end date is reached).
- It takes the application amount into account when doing the National Minimum/Living Wage calculation (if it's an order for a gross product – meaning any product other than SmartTech™).
How does this work?
There's a template that can be exported. The following rules need to be followed:
- The file should be in CSV format.
- There can only be a single application per product per employee. Adding a second record for the same combination of employee and product will override the first.
- There are two options:
- Refresh: This adds or updates an existing record for the employee and product (use this option to upload a list of new records or updates).
- Remove: Choose "Remove" to remove someone's record.
|Employee Number||Employee Number of the person|
| Should be one of CTW, CCV, HT, ST or AB
(Where AB stands for Additional Benefits and used for benefits like My Car)
| Total amount of the application
If it's a CCV application, enter the single amount per period (e.g., the monthly/weekly contribution).
| Number of installments (e.g., 12, 36)
If it's a CCV order, enter how many contributions the employee has annually (e.g., if monthly payroll, enter 12; if weekly payroll, enter 52).
|End Date (optional)|| If entered, the order will be considered closed on this date and employee will be able to apply again after end date is reached.
NOTE: If no end date is entered, order will have to be manually removed once the order is completed using the "Remove" option in the upload.
Please sign in to leave a comment.