What is the Social Wall?
The Social Wall feature uses a social media style scrolling wall to publicly announce and share peer-to-peer and manager-to-employee recognition moments. Employees have the ability to celebrate colleagues' achievements through reactions and comments, making recognition more personal and powerful.
How does the Social Wall work?
Things to consider when setting up the Social Wall
- Would you like to display the Social Wall as a tile on your homepage?
- The Social Wall tile will display the latest 3 recognition moments shared in the business, as well as links to send recognition and see the full feed
- The tile is system generated and does not support additional branding
- Would you like to give the Social Wall a specific name?
- Its default name in the system is Social Recognition
- You can choose a different name that reflects your recognition culture
- What recognition moments would you like the Social Wall to display?
- All eCards shared by senders, or specific eCard categories
- All Instant Awards shared by senders
- All Nominations shared by senders and approved on the system
- The Social Wall and Social Wall tile do not support segmentation: all users will be able to see all content that is sent and shared
- How should your workforce interact with shared recognition moments?
- Are you happy for users to add reactions to recognition moments?
- Are you happy for users to add comments to recognition moments?
- Are you happy to display a Birthday tile on your Social Wall?
- This tile will show the birthday (excluding birth year or age) of registered users
- For the tile to work, you will need to supply employees’ dates of birth in your eligibility file
- Once registered, users will be able to opt out of sharing their birthday
- If you are not supplying dates of birth, or prefer to turn the Birthday tile off for any other reason, we can arrange this for you
- Would you like to add search filters to your Social Wall?
- Filters make it easy for users to only see the recognition moments sent to employees in the areas of the business they’re most interested in
- When filters are set up on the Wall, users can set up their own custom searches, save them so they can reuse them in future, and subscribe to weekly email digests of recognition within their saved filters
- You can choose any of the segmentation fields you are supplying in your eligibility file (e.g. department, location, etc.) as a Social Wall filter
- Would you like to pre-set employees' default view of the Wall?
- You can choose one of the segmentation fields you are supplying in your eligibility file (e.g. department, location, etc.) as a Company Filter
- A Company Filter determines every employee's default view of the Wall when they log in to the site
- For example, if you choose Department as a Company Filter, every user who opens the Wall will see the recognition written and received in their own department by default (they can then manually switch to a different filter)
- Please note: the Company Filter does not apply to any Social Recognition tiles on your SmartHub homepage.
- Would you like to send weekly recognition digests to all eligible employees?
- You can set up a weekly email digest for all recognition on the Wall, or for your Company Filter
- The weekly email digest displays a random selection of 20 recognition posts sent within the chosen filter in the previous week, to encourage employees to react and comment
- The email goes out every Sunday, at 9am in each employee's timezone. It does not go out if there has not been any recognition posted to the Wall in the previous week