Laws around the world allow government agencies (including law enforcement organisations) to request user information for civil, administrative, criminal, and national security purposes. To date, Reward Gateway has not been subject to any such requests about our clients or users.
How we Handle Requests
- Our Trust & Privacy teams have processes in place to review any requests we may receive. These processes include a careful review of the request and the applicable law to ensure that government requests for information do not exceed the scope of the law in jurisdictions we operate in.
- If we receive a request for information that is in our judgment unreasonable or excessive, we will first try to object or reduce the scope of the request.
- If we cannot object or reduce the scope, we may take legal action (when applicable) to challenge excessive or unreasonable requests for client and user data.
- When permitted by law, we will notify the account holder by email that a request has been made by a government body, and the type of request it is (e.g., content v. non-content information). As laws vary around the world, we may not be able to notify account holders in all situations.
- Our policies do not permit any direct or ‘backdoor’ access to client or user data by government bodies or law enforcement. All requests for client or user data must go through our Trust & Privacy teams.
Reward Gateway includes details on any requests received in a given six month period. This includes the overall number of requests and the number of accounts subject to those requests.
|January 2022 - June 2022||None|
June 2021 - December 2021
|January 2021 - June 2021||None|
|June 2020 - December 2020||None|
|January 2020 - June 2020||None|
June 2019 - December 2019
|January 2019 - June 2019||None|