An employee can still apply for Cycle to Work if they are under 18. In order to enter in to a Salary Sacrifice Agreement and Hire Agreement, their application must be supported by a parent or guardian.
Steps for an employee who is under 18:
- Apply for Cycle to Work via their employee engagement platform during an active application window
- Download a Guarantor Form from the Order History page
- Get the Guarantor Form signed by a parent or guardian and return to their Cycle to Work approver
- Wait for the Cycle to Work approver to review
Steps for an Employer with under 18 applications:
- Any applications from employees under the age of 18 (according to DoB data provided by the client) will be flagged in the Pending Applications listing in SmartPay™
- Wait for the employee to return their signed Guarantor Form
- Approve/Reject application once signed Guarantor Form is received
Even if auto-approval is switched 'ON' and salary information is supplied, the application will always require manual approval. This is because the Guarantor Form must be sighted before reviewing the under-18 application.