AwardNominator™, part of the SmartAwards™ offering by Reward Gateway, enables clients to use peer-nominated awards as a key recognition tool within their organization.
To match your organizational structure and internal processes for reviewing peer nominations, AwardNominator™ provides a flexible approval structure. Read about it in the AwardNominator™ key features article.
Approver roles - the basics
The approval structure relies on giving approvers the relevant admin permissions to perform the actions they need:
- Users with Approver role will need to be assigned to specific Nomination programs during implementation. They will then be able to review all nominations they are responsible for, in the programs they are assigned to (these nominations may be assigned directly to them, e.g. by linking them to specific nominators or nominees).
- Users with Super Approver role will be able to review all nominations in any of the AwardNominator™ programs available on the platform.
Contact the Client Support or Implementation team to assign these roles to any new approvers in your organization.
The approval journey - a consistent experience on all devices
Historically, the nomination approval workflow has been hosted on our administration portal, Reward Manager. To encourage approvers to respond to nominations more quickly, and increase the volume of approvals going through, we also offer clients the option to direct approvers to a dedicated Review Nominations page that sits on the engagement platform, delivering three key benefits:
- Mobile responsive - approvers will be able to review pending nominations from mobile devices, by visiting their engagement platform through their mobile browser (no need to install a separate app!)
- Easy to access - approvers will not need to know how to log in to Reward Manager, as they will find a Review Nominations link in the Account slideout on the website. The email notification that notifies them of nominations awaiting approval will take them directly to the same page (read more about the email in our R&R System Emails List)
- Easy to learn - approvers will be be able to access pending nominations directly from the engagement platform they already know and use, with no need for additional Reward Manager training
The approval workflow will enable approvers to:
- Access pending nominations through the Review Nominations link in the Account section of the website
- Filter pending nominations based on the AwardNominator™ program they were submitted through (programs without pending nominations will not be displayed)
- Filter pending nominations by nominee name (nominees who don't have a pending nomination will not be displayed)
- Approve or reject nominations one by one
- Select multiple nominations to approve or reject in bulk
- Change the type of award the nominee will receive, before approving the nomination
- See all the supporting information the nominator provided in the nomination form
- Add a reason for approval, which will display as a comment on the Social Wall if the nominator has selected Send & Share when submitting their nomination
- The approval reason will not be displayed on the website if the Social Wall is not enabled, or the nomination was sent privately
Watch the videos below for a demonstration, and contact your Account Manager or your Client Success Manager if you would like this feature activated.
1) Reviewing nominations on your computer
2) Reviewing nominations on a mobile device
Please note that approvers will still need to log in to Reward Manager if they want to:
- See a full nomination history in a dedicated tab
- Export all their pending nominations and full nomination history as a spreadsheet
- Remove individual nominees from a group nomination
For any questions about the Reward Manager workflow, please contact the Client Support team.
Availability & Cost
AwardNominator™ is a product option within SmartAwards™, and is available globally.
Colleagues in all countries can nominate for non-monetary awards. Monetary awards can only be redeemed in selected countries where we are able to offer redemption options.
SmartAwards™ is a chargeable product, and the only additional cost for AwardNominator™ is that of any monetary awards themselves.
For AwardNominator™ pricing or activation inquiries, our Consultants, Account Managers, and Client Success Managers are here to help. Send us a message and we’ll respond within 24 hours.