AwardFilePlus™ is the engine that supports point-in-time recognition, such as large group achievements or long-service awards. It allows managers to acknowledge multiple employees for their contributions in one go, with no manual processing or complexity.
A department manager, or another appointed person, can gather a list of employees they would like to reward and simply send the file through secure file transfer to their Client Success Manager at Reward Gateway.
Personalizing the reward experience
Unique recognition messages can be included, as part of the file sent through to us, for each recipient, so the experience remains personal and specific. We then process the file, and the awards can be sent out on the client's selected day.
Importantly, award recipients can then choose where to spend their award amount from a huge range of big name in-store and online retailers. Employees can purchase gift cards and vouchers on the platform, which can then be used to buy the items they wish.
Reward Gateway offers a huge amount of choice, meaning that an employee can always choose something of value to them and relevant to their life stage. For example, a graduate on their first job may have very different expectations of what ‘an award’ means to them than a family-focused employee raising their second child. Once the retailer is selected, their voucher is available to use straight away, removing any time or choice barriers to engagement and enabling an impactful gesture of appreciation.
Proactive alerts and instant redemption
As soon as an award has been approved and dispatched from the platform, the employee will be notified according to the client's preferences for award notifications.
- Email communications: award winners will receive a notification email with a preview of the employer's personalized message (see image below), as well as an onsite alert.
- Postal communications: the system will generate a set of PDF letters the client can distribute internally, as soon as the nominations are approved (see letter example below; the text can be customized). Awards can be dispatched from the platform on the client's chosen date, through a request to the Reward Gateway Client Support Team. Upon dispatch, employees will also receive an onsite alert, so that they can access their award.
- No communications: the system will not generate any emails or letters. The client is free to communicate with award winners internally, in the way that best suits them, before officially dispatching the awards on their chosen date (through a request to the Reward Gateway Client Support Team). Upon dispatch, employees will also receive an onsite alert, so that they can access their award.
Emails and onsite alerts will prompt them to visit a landing page on the platform, where they can see their award and recognition message. If the award is non-monetary, the landing page will not mention the award value, or provide a link to award redemption options.
Examples of both versions of the page are below.
NOTE: The "Return to Social Recognition Wall" link will only appear on websites that have the Wall enabled. Awards sent through AwardFilePlus are never shared on the Wall, and only visible to recipients.
To make sure the award receiving experience is as smooth as can be, the monetary amount of the award is added to their recognition balance the moment the award is sent. This means that they'll find it on their account as soon as they log in to see the award, and can spend it at any time.
Watch the video below to see the full AwardFilePlus™ receiving journey.
Note: this is the standard award receiving process as of 19 September 2020. A small number of clients are still using a manual award claiming process, and should speak to their Client Success Manager for any questions about the steps involved.
Flexibility to spend awards at any time
Employees can see their recognition balance by selecting "See award options" on the award landing page, or visiting their Account Settings page on the platform.
They will then be able to choose whether to spend all of their award immediately, part spend it, or leave the award value in their balance until they have accrued more awards. This allows them to build up a larger balance they can use for larger purchases.
Once ready, they can choose to redeem their award with multiple different retailers (depending on the country they are based in), helping to create a highly useful, relevant and beneficial experience for every single employee.
Availability & Cost
AwardFilePlus™ can be used for non-monetary awards in any country. Currently, redemption options for monetary awards are available in the countries listed below.
- UK (including selected retailers in Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Gibraltar)
- US (including selected retailers in Puerto Rico)
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
SmartAwards™ is a chargeable product, and the only additional cost for AwardFilePlus™ is that of the shopping voucher awards themselves.
For AwardFilePlus™ pricing or activation inquiries, our Consultants and Client Success Managers are here to help. Send us a message and we’ll respond within 24 hours.