Childcare Vouchers can be used to pay towards childcare from registered carers, as defined by the HMRC.
The HMRC define registered childcare as any of the following:
- Registered childminders
- Registered nurseries and play-scheme
- Out‐of‐hours clubs on school premises run by a school or local authority
- Childcare schemes run by approved providers, for example, an out‐of‐school hours scheme or a provider approved under a Ministry of Defence accreditation scheme
- Childcare given in the child’s home that has been approved under a Government scheme (except where the care is provided by a relative of the child)
- Accredited childcare for 8s and over by an approved organisation
In England and Wales only:
- Childcare provided in the child's home by a domiciliary worker or nurse from a registered agency
In Scotland only:
- Childcare provided in the child's home by (or introduced through) childcare agencies, including sitter services and nanny agencies
This list is not exhaustive so if a parent has a particular query, we would be happy to check.
All registered Childcarers have a valid unique reference number (URN), which is included on their registration certificate, and we can check this.
Will all registered carers accept CCVs?
It is very likely that any registered carer will be familiar with the programme and will accept vouchers.
What happens if an employee chooses to change carer?
The programme is very flexible; payments can be sent to any registered carer. The parent will need to advise us of this and it is very easy to do so, online or by phone.
Does it cost the carers anything to use the programme?
No, the carer just needs to register with RG Childcare by completing a short registration form. Many registered carers will already be registered with us, and employees can check with us online or by phone to see if their preferred carer is already registered.