- In Reward Manager, use the left-hand navigation menu to select Smart Products, then Employee Surveys.
If this menu item is not showing then please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Press the big blue button, 'Create your first survey'.
- From the options shown on the new page, select 'Build from a template'.
- When this option is selected, you're redirected to the template library.
This is where you can view all of the expert-created survey templates. Once you decide on the template to use, this is transferred to an editable survey, where you can customize the questions. You can change, delete and/or add new questions to make the survey match your company voice (check out the best practice guides for further direction on editing templated surveys).
You can get detailed information about each template by clicking the Preview button. Here you'll see:
- Overview – a short description of the survey and when it's best to use it.
- Preview – the questions included in the template.
- Best practice advice – our best practice guide.
- Click 'Build survey' to go to the next step where you will be able to configure and publish your survey.
Edit the questions as you wish (keeping in mind they have been designed to achieve specific goals and provide valuable insight), as well as adding your own questions, too. You can also choose whether questions should be mandatory or not. Drag and drop questions to change their order if necessary.
Configuring the survey follows 4 simple steps:
- Enter the Survey name – this will show on Reward Manager and in the email sent to employees.
- Enter Survey description - like the name, this will also show on Reward Manager and in the email sent to employees. It's important we always enter description of the survey, as statistics say that improves response rate. You can make it more attractive by placing styles on it.
- Additional settings - you can select whether programme and company logo to be visible on your survey or not. It's the same about the Homepage login button, which will appear at the end of the survey.
- Survey type – Employees can select one of the options
- Email - the survey will be sent via email to all registered members;
- Banner on SmartHub - the survey will appear as a banner on SmartHub and when clicked, it will redirect to the survey page.
- Email and Banner - the survey will be sent at both channels to each employee, who have registration in the platform.
- 'Web link surveys' allow you to send the survey link on any channel, but you should extract and paste it yourself. Copy the link from Tools on the Listing page and send it to everyone who you want to complete the survey, place it on a page, or within a SmartHub® tile, via slack or other company channel.
- Email settings – if you select 'Email' only or "Email and Banner" option, then you should fill a subject line to the email in the box provided.
This section enables clients to choose whether the survey should collect respondents' names automatically, give them the choice to include their name, or keep all survey responses anonymous.
- Select 'Name collection'. Each option will show a different message to the recipient.
- User audience – select from already registered users or upload your own file with user emails and other options. Learn more about file upload in the article Skip logic & file upload. If you select the Registered users option, you will be able to choose from the segments already existing in the scheme or create your own. When "Create new segment" is selected, a popup with the Segment Manager appears. From here, new rules can be applied and a new segment can be created.
Please note: Web link surveys are always anonymous. User audience configuration is not available for them, too. Other important thing is that if segment consists of 5 people or less, the survey becomes non-anonymous by default.
- Survey frequency – currently able to send as a one-off only.
- Enter a start date for the survey to be sent out and an end date (i.e. the last date for collecting responses for this survey).
- Choose whether to send a survey reminder and how often to send it to employees who haven’t responded.
- Receive daily, weekly or monthly notifications of response statistics. Any number of email addresses can be added to receive notifications.
Review each step and make any final changes by clicking the Edit button. Once you're happy, you can click 'Live preview'to see the survey from the perspective of your employees.
Please note: Pressing 'Finish' will make the survey live but no communication will be sent to employees other than what was scheduled during the survey set up in Survey Settings (see Configuring survey settings above).
Tip: If the survey is closed without finishing, it will be saved as a Draft so it can be finished at a later date. All drafts appear on the survey listing page.
How do surveys look on the user's end? Check below:
- Why use Employee Surveys from Reward Gateway?
- How to create your own survey with the Custom Survey Builder
- How to set up an eNPS survey