Whether it's to encourage the celebration of hard work and success or perhaps reinforce company culture and behaviors, Nominations are a great way for colleagues to show some extra special appreciation for one another. All you need to do is choose the award and approval structure that suits your organization.
How does AwardNominator™ work?
Things to consider when setting up AwardNominator™
- What will your nomination form look like?
- What name would you like to give to your AwardNominator™ program?
- Would you like custom copy and/or images on your nomination form?
- What awards would you like to set up?
- Each award needs a unique name (e.g. Bronze Award)
- You can link awards to values, behaviors or specific achievements - nominators will be able to select the most relevant award
- How much will awards be worth?
- Each award needs to have one fixed value (e.g. £10 for a Bronze award), or no monetary value if you prefer to arrange prizes outside the platform
- If your award program is global, you will need to set up award values through our points-based system, to allow currency conversion
- Who will create the artwork for the awards?
- Our Design team can create artwork for you. SLAs are 5 working days for first drafts and 2- 3 days for amends
- If you are creating designs in-house, make sure they are horizontal and 3300x2100 pixels in size. We will upload them to the site for you
- What visual style would you like for your award artwork?
- Our Design team will need your brand guidelines and a brief on your preferred colors, fonts and images (e.g. icons, illustrations, photos)
- If you have internal artwork you’d like us to use, please share it in the highest resolution available (.eps or .ai format for illustrations)
- You can share links to images you like on Shutterstock. We will purchase them at no extra cost to you
- Who will send and receive nominations in your business?
- Most employers allow everyone to nominate colleagues and be nominated
- You can set up Nomination programmes that are only available within specific groups (e.g. departments, geographies, etc.)
- You may need to supply additional fields in your eligibility file to create segmentation categories
- How would you like to manage payments to fund your recognition budget?
- We recommend setting up a Direct Debit, so payments to RG are automated, and we can release funds within 24 hours of your request
- If you choose not to set up a Direct Debit, you will need to request an invoice every time you need to fund your budget or agree on a schedule (e.g. monthly, quarterly) for invoices to be sent to you.
- Our Finance Team issue invoices within 2 working days of request, and can only release award funds in the system after receiving the payment
- We need you to confirm your launch budget as soon as possible, to allow plenty of time for the payment to reach us before launch
- What nomination method would you like to use?
- Open: anyone can nominate a colleague for an award. Users with Approver access can review any of the nominations on the system
- Open (selectable): anyone can nominate a colleague and freely select an approver. Approvers can only review entries assigned to them
- Open (nominee): all eligible nominees must be linked to an approver. Approvers can only review entries about nominees linked to them
- Closed: all eligible nominators must be linked to an approver. Approvers can only review entries by nominators linked to them
- Group nominations only work with the Open, Open (Selectable) or Closed methods
- Who will be responsible for reviewing and approving nominations?
- Your chosen Approvers need to activate their accounts on the platform before they can be given access to the nominations assigned to them
- You can give one or more Super Approvers access to all nominations
- Approvers are linked to nominees or nominators through a dedicated field in your eligibility file, including an approver’s employee ID for every eligible employee (Open (Nominee) and Closed methods only)
- You can set up one or more levels of approval for the program, depending on how many reviews you want nominations to go through.
- Every level of approval requires an extra field in the eligibility file, stating the relevant approver’s employee ID (Open (Nominee) and Closed methods only)
- Nominees or nominators linked to inactive Approvers will not be able to take part in the AwardNominator™ programme (Open (Nominee) and Closed methods only)
- What notifications would you like to set up for nominators?
- Nominate - an email thanking them for submitting a nomination
- Approve - an email informing them when their nomination is approved
- Reject - an email informing them when their nomination is rejected
- Amend - an email informing them that their nomination was approved after a round of amends (e.g. the approver changed the award type)
- What notifications would you like to set up for nominees?
- You can set up an email notification to inform them they won an award
- If you prefer to disable this email, they will be notified of their award through an on-site alert on their next login
- Are there any retailers you need to remove from award redemption options?
- Would you like to display awards on the Social Wall?
- Senders will have the option to share awards or send them privately
- Receivers will have the option to delete their awards from the Wall
Please sign in to leave a comment.