Reward Gateway understands the power of recognizing or rewarding employees for great work as it happens. This can be challenging with large frontline workforces who may not have a company email or access to computers at work. It is also difficult for managers who support multiple locations and hundreds of people, and may not know the name of every employee.
In the past, the answer was to allow managers to hand out certificates, gift cards or cash to employees they spotted doing a good job. However, this made it challenging for employers to track who gave or received rewards, or to measure the impact of those rewards on employee engagement. Also, if a gift card or cash was misplaced or lost, there was no mechanism to cancel or retrieve it.
Reward Gateway has made it easy to provide in-person and trackable recognition to front line employees that are largely offline, such as workforces in retail, manufacturing, warehouse, healthcare, industrial cleaning and maintenance services. Through On The Spot Recognition, employers can generate unique award codes which they can print on a card, a certificate, or custom items that reflect their company and brand, as well as track each code's usage.
Introducing Reward Gateway On The Spot Recognition
We’ve made it easy to provide in-person awards to those employees on the front line, by allowing administrators to create unique award codes that are not tied to specific individuals upfront, and can distributed to any employee when great work happens. Employees can redeem their rewards by entering the unique codes they receive on their company’s Reward Gateway employee engagement platform.
On the Spot Recognition is:
- Personal and immediate: Managers can create a wow moment by personally handing out rewards as they see great work happening.
- Uniquely yours: Deliver your recognition codes on a handwritten or branded card, memento, certificate or other item you’d like.
- Trackable: Automated reporting tracks budgets, as well as how many On the Spots are distributed by which manager, which employees logged in to redeem their rewards or see an online version of a non-monetary recognition
- Inclusive: Allows you to ensure every frontline and deskless employee, regardless of their role, email or computer access, is able to take part in your recognition programs.
- Unlimited in choice: Rather than limited to a single gift certificate or gift card, employees are able to redeem awards from hundreds of gift cards, or with direct access to Amazon. Or, choose from one of your own company custom awards not found anywhere else.
Rewards as Simple as 1-2-3
To redeem their award, employees just follow three easy steps.
- Log onto their company Reward Gateway platform
- Enter their unique award code, to unlock the award and any monetary balance attached to it. A special tile to claim On The Spot codes is available for clients to add to custom SmartHub Pages, where they can also enter their own content to present On The Spot Recognition to employees.
- Visit the Reward Marketplace to choose how to redeem their award
The video below shows an example of the user journey for an employee who has received an On The Spot code.
Easy Administration and Tracking
On The Spot Recognition makes it easy to generate unique award codes, by uploading .csv files to the admin portal, Reward Manager. This guide explains the award file upload process in detail.
After each upload, the Reward Gateway system provides a simple list of award codes, so that clients have total flexibility on where to host them and how to distribute them. For example, clients may choose to print their codes on a card, a certificate, or custom items that reflect their company and brand.
SmartInsights reports quickly show which award codes have been claimed by employees. Clients can keep track of which codes have not been used, and cancel them if they prefer to reuse the budget on different recognition initiatives (as explained in this guide).
Clients also have the ability to manage many aspects of their On The Spot programs at their convenience, including uploading their own award artwork, with no need to submit a request to the Client Support Team. This guide explains how to manage an existing On The Spot program.