What are SmartHub Segments?
Segments give you the opportunity to create different versions of the content on your SmartHub, to suit different employee groups (e.g. locations, departments, job roles, etc.). You can create a more personalised user experience, and engage staff with different preferences and shopping habits by promoting the retail offers that suit them best.
Segments give you the flexibility to advertise company benefits and incentives, when different groups within your business have different offerings. You can also target different business areas with tailored content (e.g. manager areas, policies relevant to different business units), with no need to rely on a separate intranet or shared drive.
Why segment your platform?
Perhaps you've been wondering...
- Can I promote different retailers to employees in different locations?
- My employees are split into benefits bands - can each user only see the benefits they are eligible for?
- Can I create an area of the site that only managers can access?
- Can I show a different SmartHub Blog to employees based in different offices?
- Can different departments in my business see completely different homepages?
With SmartHub Segments, you can do all this and much more!
What can I segment on my site?
You can create segmented versions of...
- SmartHub homepages
- The images, links and content of individual SmartHub tiles (depending on tile type)
- SmartHub Pages
- Individual posts within the same SmartHub Blog
You won’t be able to segment...
- Programme name, logo and URL
- Top menu bar and left-hand menus
- The titles of SmartHub Blogs
- Discounts, offer pages, and the My Account section
- Product pages (e.g. Cycle to Work, eCards, Childcare Vouchers, etc.)
Note: For more help on creating segments, navigate to How to use Segment Manager.
Once you have created your segments, there's two different ways you can use them to segment content. One way is to create different versions of a layout for different segments. To do this, navigate to the SmartHub builder and click on the Versions dropdown in the dark gray box.
Click "Create version" to add a new one, then give it a title. Hover your cursor over the new segment then click on the cog and select "Choose segment".
Use the dropdown to choose which segment you want to use.
If you'd like to segment a specific tile instead, then navigate to the SmartHub builder and find the tile you'd like to add segmentation to. Hover over the tile, click Edit, then click on the cog on the top left of the tile and choose "SmartHub Versions" from the dropdown.
The default version of the tile will appear, but you cannot make any changes to it from here. This is what will appear to a user if they are not included in any of the new segments you create. Similar to the layout versions, click "Create version" to add a new version. You can then title the version and use the options on the right to choose which segment can view the tile.
To edit the tile itself, hover your cursor over the tile and click Edit. You can then interact with the tile the same way as you would in the SmartHub builder.