A simple way to recognize group achievements and long service milestones
What is point-in-time recognition?
Point-in-time recognition allows your organization to recognize a large group of employees in one go, with the simple upload of a file that includes the details of winners and award values. It’s ideal to acknowledge group achievements and long service milestones, or award annual bonuses, one-off gifts, and competition prizes.
How does point-in-time recognition work?
Things to consider when setting up point-in-time recognition
What name would you like to give to your award program?
What awards would you like to set up?
- Each award needs a unique name (e.g. 10 Years).
- Each award needs a unique code of your choice (e.g. 10YEARS), which you will need to enter in your award file next to each winner’s details.
How much will each award be worth?
- Each award needs to have one fixed value (e.g. £10 per award).
- Each award can have different tiers - for example, a "Thank You" Award with $10, $20 and $50 values for the sender to choose as appropriate.
- If your award program is global, you will need to set up award values through our points-based system, to allow currency conversion.
Who will create the artwork for the awards?
- Our Design team can create artwork for you. SLAs are 5 working days for first drafts and 2- 3 days for amends.
- If you are creating designs in-house, make sure they are horizontal and 3300x2100 pixels in size. We will upload them to the site for you.
What visual style would you like for your award artwork?
- Our Design team will need your brand guidelines and a brief on your preferred colors, fonts and images (e.g. icons, illustrations, photos).
- If you have internal artwork you’d like us to use, please share it in the highest resolution available (.eps or .ai format for illustrations).
- You can share links to images you like on Shutterstock. We will purchase them at no extra cost to you.
How would you like to manage payments to fund your awards budget?
- We recommend setting up a Direct Debit, so payments to RG are automated, and we can release funds within 24 hours of your request.
- If you choose not to set up a Direct Debit, you will need to request an invoice every time you need to add funds to your budget, or agree a schedule (e.g. monthly, quarterly) for invoices to be sent to you.
- Our Finance Team issue invoices within 2 working days of request, and can only release award funds in the system after receiving the payment.
- We need you to confirm your launch budget as soon as possible, to allow plenty of time for the payment to reach us before launch.
Do you want awards to have a 'claim by' expiry date?
- If so, any unclaimed awards will refunded back into your main budget after the expiry date (e.g. 30 days from when the award is sent).
- Once an award is claimed, it has no expiry: the receiver will be able to spend it in one or more transactions until the balance runs out.
Would you like award winners to receive an email notification?
- We can only dispatch notifications if email addresses are provided for all employees in the award file.
- If there are winners you can’t access email addresses for, you can upload them in a separate file and obtain award codes to share offline.
- If you prefer to arrange your own communications, our system emails can be turned off.
Enter these details when preparing your award file:
- Employee name
- Employee ID
- Employee email address (not required if notification emails are disabled)
- Award Type (the unique code linked to each winner’s award value)
- Nominator name (award sender that can feature in the notification email)
- Nomination Detail (a message that can feature in the notification email)
Are there any retailers you need to remove from award redemption options?