Before you start, you will need...
One or more .csv lists of unclaimed award codes to cancel in bulk (i.e. one list per On The Spot program that includes awards you need to cancel)
You can obtain the lists from one of these SmartInsights reports:
- R93 - Unclaimed Awards (filter by program)
- R94 - Awards Issued (filter by program and unclaimed awards)
- The only column you will need to use to cancel the awards in bulk is Award Code. You can remove all other columns from the files.
- The feature does not cover award codes that have been claimed (i.e. that are already sitting in employees' balances)
Step 1: Find the Cancel Awards option
- Open an On The Spot program in Reward Manager
- Select the Cancel Awards button on the program configuration page (highlighted in the screenshot below)
Step 2 - Upload the cancellation file
For this step, you will need a .csv file with all the unclaimed awards you need to cancel from the program, and only one column header - Award Code.
The screenshots below show the order of the steps you will go through as you are uploading a bulk cancellation file.
For each file you upload, you will be able to select one of two options:
- Refund all to the original source: cancelled awards will be returned to the budget they were sent from, which depends on how the recognition program is configured.
- On The Spot programs drawing funds from the client's main R&R budget: all cancelled awards will be returned to the client's main R&R budget
- On The Spot programs with a dedicated budget: all cancelled awards will be returned to the relevant program budget
- Refund all to Client Balance: all cancelled awards will be returned to the client's main R&R budget, regardless of which program they were sent from originally
1) Select file and add cancellation reason:
2) Impact assessment:
3) Upload completed:
Are there situations when awards will not be cancelled?
At the impact assessment stage, the system may detect one or more awards that cannot be cancelled. It will flag these as "exceptions". An exception may occur when:
- The award has already been claimed
- The award belongs to a different R&R program
- There is a bug or error preventing the cancellation of the award
You will be able to proceed with the upload and cancel the awards that can be processed, skipping the exceptions. If you do this, you will be able to download a list of all these exceptions at the end of the upload.
Step 3 - Cancel awards for more programs
You can repeat the steps above on any other On The Spot program. Please note:
- The feature does not cover deleted On The Spot programs for the time being. Awards sent from these will still need to be cancelled individually.