What types of surveys we support?
- Engaged Index - a survey that measures employee engagement in 4 simple questions to find out how motivated and committed employees are.
- eNPS - a quick and easy survey which is based on one question only – ‘How likely are you to recommend COMPANY X as an employer to a friend?’
- Polls - surveys embedded in SmartHub tiles and are a quick way to get feedback for just one question.
- Custom survey - a survey which may have various questions and can collect feedback for various topics. Can be send to registered members and recipients without accounts.
- Customer survey - a custom survey designed to be send recipients who do not have accounts.
How Employee surveys are distributed to the recipients?
The communication channels our system used to distribute surveys are:
- Email - an individual email is sent to every recipient.
- Banner on SmartHub - a banner pops up at the bottom of every SmartHub page once the user logs in.
- On site alerts - registered users will always receive alerts except for “web-link” surveys.
- Generic web-links - “web-link” communication channel allows users who use the URL of the survey to fill it out anonymously as many times as they want.
What is the difference between “web-link” surveys and other surveys?
“Web-link” surveys are regular surveys which are not sent to a particular group of people, but to everyone who knows the web address of the survey in our system can fill it out anonymously as many times as they want. Our system does not track how many times an individual fills out a survey. The “web-link” surveys are suitable when you want to gather feedback, but people who you want to ask do not have an account in the system.
Anonymous vs non-anonymous answers
For anonymous answers we neither collect any personal information, nor link an answer with a user account. We only track how many people have completed a survey, in order to avoid sending notifications to those who have already completed the survey.
Non-anonymous answers are assigned to an account (registered members or a recipient uploaded to a particular survey). This allows us to display the names of the people who completed the survey.
Can I filter survey’s responses by registration questions / user groups?
Only Engaged Index surveys allow admins to filter by registration questions or custom groups (uploaded via a file during the creation of the survey).
For the rest of our surveys the filters are based on the questions and answers given by the recipients.
How to send a survey to people who may not have accounts?
Our Employee Surveys allow admins to upload csv files with recipients who may or may not have accounts in their platforms. Those files may have as many columns as the admins want, but only Engaged Index surveys support filtration of the results based on those columns. The only requirement is that those csv files should contain a column with a unique identifier (e.g., email, id, auth code). The files may contain few other fields too, but none of them are required (e.g., First Name, Last Name, Brand).
Uploading these files happens in “User audience” section.
Once a file is uploaded, all steps are completed and the survey is saved, the uploaded recipients can start filling the survey. If their emails are provided, they will receive an email, otherwise a custom authentication can be configured and used by the recipients.
Why when I upload more than 50 recipients, the Employee Surveys display only 50?
The info message says 170 recipients will be uploaded, but you may see only 50 of them, because we do not list all recipients at once.
How to send a survey to a list of recipients if I don’t have their emails? Can I use a custom authentication for my surveys?
When a user file is uploaded to a survey, admins can configure a custom authentication based on custom unique codes provided by the uploaded file. The admins can then manually contact the uploaded recipients, share the survey with them, and ask them to complete the it using the unique codes assigned to each one of them.
I want to manually remind someone to complete my survey. How can I get a link to that survey? Can I use the link I see in my browser or email?
Our surveys are send to every recipient individually, which means that if you share with someone else your link, you allow them to complete the survey on your behalf. If you are an admin and want to share a survey with someone else, you can copy its link from RM via “Copy link”.
How can I add new or update existing recipients of an active survey?
As long as a survey is not closed / finished, admins can add, update or remove recipients. This happens with a new file upload following the same steps as the initial upload. The only difference is that now before you upload a file, you will need to decide whether you want to add, update or remove recipients.
What are “Survey frequency” and “Reminders” and how can I use them?
The “Survey frequency” section allows you to choose how often you want to run your survey. You can pick one of the following:
- One off - the survey has one single campaign which is active until the survey finishes.
- Every X months - every 1, 3, 6, or 12 months a new campaign starts until the survey finishes. Once a campaign finishes, a new one is automatically started. Recipients can submit their responses at any given time, but only once per campaign.
- Manually scheduled - similar to the “Every X months” but the difference is that campaigns should be manually created and can have different length. For example, a survey should be done once every year, but results should be collected only at the beginning of the year. In this case, at the start of each year, a new campaign should be created and made active for a few weeks. Once the campaign finishes, no one will be able to submit new responses, but the survey will be still active, waiting for the next year and next campaign.
The “Reminders” section allows you to select how often people who have not yet completed the survey will be notified. Admins can pick “No reminder”, which means that no one will receive any additional notifications after the very first one when the survey is published. Admins can pick “Every day” to send a daily reminder to people who have not yet completed the survey. In addition to automatic reminders, admins will be able to trigger them manually, but this is only possible once per day via the “Send reminder” button for every survey.
How can I view the results and will I be able to export them?
Every survey’s results can be accessed via the link “Results”. Survey results can be exported in csv format and can be further processed by every client. The csv export contains the employee number, answers to each question, the date when the answer was submitted, and the recipients who submitted it (if the answers are non-anonymous). Other formats are not currently supported.
Why I don’t see the results of my Engaged Index survey?
Engaged Index survey’s results are not real-time and are only visible for finished campaigns / surveys. If you have an active campaign, but you want to see the results, you can manually finish the campaign or wait until the system closes it automatically. In few hours, the results will be calculated and made available in RM or “Platform Insights” > “Engaged Index” dashboard.
How can I give someone else access to the survey I manage?
Employee surveys admins can give access to other people via the “Edit permissions” section.
People can get access to only see the results, manage a survey, or both.